Police Officers' Association of Nebraska
A contributing member of the Law Enforcement Community since 1953.
POLICE OFFICER'S ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
HOLIDAY INN MID-TOWN
GRAND ISLAND , NEBRASKA
NOVEMBER 2, 2005
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mike Swain, Rick Carmichael, Kurt Bottorff, Bruce Felty, Ron Fisher, Jim Peschong, Andy Backman, Ed Burmood, Kim Christensen, Andrea Towler and Bill Larsen.
MEMBERS ABSENT: None.
President Swain called the meeting to order at 0950 hours.
MINUTES: No new minutes.
TREASURER'S REPORT: No new information.
1. Motion to pay bills for the Conference by Bruce Felty. Andy Backman provided a second. Motion approved by voice vote.
2. Death Benefits. Motion by Jim Peschong to leave Death Benefits the same as for the past year. Second was provided by Bruce Felty. Motion was approved by voice vote.
3. Discussion about a letter of support for the PSOB Death Benefits for Law Enforcement members who die from heart related issues as covered in Federal Statute. President Swain will send letters to appropriate elected officials.
4. Stationary. Will have 500 sheets printed and distributed as needed.
5. Discussion occurred about the Scholarship drawings and the possibility of changing the drawing. No decisions were made.
6. Retirement. Andy reported nothing new as of this time.
7. State Fair. Check the website for dates.
8. 2006 Conference. President Swain reported things are progressing. The dates are September 24-27, 2006 in North Platte , Nebraska .
9. Media Release. President Swain will advise media of award winners. Award/Scholarship winners will be posted on the website.
President Swain asked for any other New Business, or anything for the good of the order. Nothing was presented.
Kurt Bottorff made a motion to adjourn. Andy Backman provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1015 hours.
William H. Larsen