POLICE OFFICER’S ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING
YOUNNES CONFERENCE CENTER
OCTOBER 8, 2013
President Backman called the meeting to order at 1155 hours.
President Backman introduced the Board Members.
MINUTES:: Minutes from the October 30, 2012 Annual Business Meeting were presented. Jim Agler, North Platte PD made a motion to approve the minutes. Mark Overman, Scotts Bluff CO SO, Retired Scottsbluff PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
TREASURER's Report: Treasurer's report was presented. Jim Agler, North Platte PD made a motion to accept the report. Kurt Bottorff, Fremont PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
- Telephone solicitation: currently being conducted by Xentel. We receive 15% of funds.
- Membership dues: membership was informed of the Board's decision to increase the annual dues to $15.00 starting in FY 2013-2014.
- College Scholarships: four scholarships worth $500.00 awarded to the following individuals:
- Briana Gaston, UNL
- Jordin Franklin, Hastings College
- Trent Bottorff, Hastings College
- Sara Wimer, NE Community College
- Second Vice President Nominations:
- Mark Hogue, Central City PD.
Jim Agler, North Platte PD made a motion to close the nominations and vote to approve Mark Hogue by acclamation. Russ Zeeb, Retired Sarpy CO SO provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
- Board Position Nominations:
- Sgt. Ryan Dummer, Aurora PD.
- Sgt. Kim Christensen, York PD
- Chief Steve Scott, Broken Bow PD.
- Sgt. John Headid, Fremont PD.
Jim Agler, North Platte PD, made a motion to close the nominations. Rich Carmichael, Ret. Chief Fairbury PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Three year terms: Sgt. Ryan Dummer, Aurora PD
Chief Steve Scott, Broken Bow PD
Two year term: Sgt. John Headid, Fremont PD, complete last two years of Mark Hogue's term.
Jim Agler, North Platte PD, made a motion to destroy the ballots. Kurt Bottorff, Fremont PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
- Legislative Issues:
- Confidential Informants: who can and cannot be used. Effort to remove parolees, probation, court ordered status. LB267?
- Good Time Law: bill introduced to change this law.
- Reduction in prison population: Sen. Ashford.
- Conference Planner RFP's: Discussion about the process to select a conference planner.
- Scholarship Drawings:
- From Attendees:
- Kevin Spencer, Scottsbluff PD.
- Jon Sundermeier, Lincoln PD.
- Terry Soden, Wisner PD.
- At Large Members:
- Daniel Hejl, Seward CO SO.
- Genelle Moore, Lincoln PD.
- Russ Zeeb, Ret. Sarpy CO SO presented information regarding a company providing hearing aid assistance was making an offer to members of POAN that would result in POAN receiving a $100.00 donation for each sale.
President Backman asked if anyone had any other business, or anything else for the good of the order. Nothing was presented.
Dennis Wager, Central City PD, made a motion to adjourn. Jim Agler, North Platte PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1300 hours.
William H. Larsen
© 2010 Police Officers' Association of Nebraska.
All Rights Reserved.