POLICE OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING
YOUNNES CONFERENCE CENTER
OCTOBER 7, 2014
President Jackson called the meeting to order at 1135 hours.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Minutes from the October 6, 2013 Annual Business Meeting were presented to the membership. Jim Peschong, Lincoln Police Department, made a motion to approve the minutes. Kurt Bottorff, Fremont Police Department provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Treasurer's report was presented to the members. Rick Carmichael, Fairbury Police Department (Retired) made a motion to accept the report. Ike Brown, McCook Police Department provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
- Telemarketing: Information was presented regarding changes which have occurred regarding income generated for the Organization. The income has dropped three times over the past three years as changes in telemarketing contract have occurred to the current level, of no income generated. During this period several changes have been made to decrease expenses, but the funds have been steadily declining.
- New Investment Strategy: Information was presented regarding possible future investment strategies. Several proposals have been presented to the Board. The Board will be receiving a presentation on potential investment options during the January, 2015 Board Meeting.
- NCJIS Discussion Group: Information was presented regarding a Discussion Group for POAN members being opened up on the NCJIS site; this was also demonstrated for the membership. It will be activated later this week.
- Facebook Page: POAN Facebook page was discussed and also demonstrated for the membership.
- College Scholarships: Mark Hogue presented information regarding the winners of the College Scholarships:
- Daniel Shernock, Northeast Community College
- Natalie Borak, Morningside College
- Nicholas Yardley, Chadron State College
- Seth Brown, Wayne State College
- Second Vice President:
- Shane Wimer, Fremont PD.
- Ike Brown, McCook PD.
Genelle Moore, Lincoln PD made a motion to close the nominations. Rich Hoaglund provided a second. Ike Brown was elected.
- Board Positions: There are two three year and one one year vacancies.
- Jim Peschong, Lincoln PD
- Genelle Moore, Lincoln PD
- Kim Christensen, York PD
- Angela Morehouse, Lincoln PD
- Shane Wimer, Fremont PD
- Kevin Spencer, Scottsbluff PD
Rich Hoaglund, North Platte PD made a motion to close the nominations. Jim Peschong, Lincoln PD provided a second. Jim Peschong and Shane Wimer were elected to the three year terms and Angela Morehouse was elected to complete a one year term.
Dan Lynch, Kearney PD, made a motion to move Second Vice-President to First Vice-President and First Vice-President to President. Genelle Moore, Lincoln PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Shane Wimer, Fremont PD, made a motion to destroy the ballots. Bruce Felty, Holdrege PD (Retired), provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
- POAN Scholarships: The following were winners of drawings for the $1,000.00 scholarships for POAN members:
- Rich Hoaglund, North Platte PD
- Dwaine Ladwig, Polk CO SO
- Chad Sprunk, Fairbury PD
- Larry Schwartz, Bellevue PD
- Brandon Brueggemann, Buffalo CO SO
- 2015 NSA/POAN Conference registration and lodging scholarships:
- Ike Brown, McCook PD
- Tim Decker, Dixon CO SO
President Jackson asked for any other new business, or anything else for the good of the order. Nothing was presented.
Rich Hoaglund, North Platte PD, made a motion to adjourn. Genelle Moore, Lincoln PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1245 hours.
William H. Larsen
© 2010 Police Officers' Association of Nebraska.
All Rights Reserved.