POLICE OFFICERS' ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
YOUNNES CONFERENCE CENTER
OCTOBER 6, 2013
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE: Andy Backman, Brian Jackson, Rich Hoaglund, Kim Christensen, Mark Hogue, Shane Wimer, Kurt Bottorff, Jim Peschong, Ike Brown and Bill Larsen.
MEMBERS ABSENT: Herb Evers.
President Backman called the meeting to order at 1605.
MINUTES: Minutes from the July 24, 2013 meeting were presented. Jim Peschong made a motion to approve the minutes. Mark Hogue provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Treasurer's report was presented. Jim Peschong made a motion to accept the treasurer's report. Mark Hogue provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
1. 2013 Conference~President Backman reported things have all been finalized.
2. Thank yous have been received from:
a. Special Olympics.
b. Charles Venditte.
1. Dell Laptop~the service agreement is due to expire and there have been a couple of recent incidents with the laptop not working correctly. A two year extension service agreement can be obtained minimal cost. Ike Brown made a motion to approve the two year extension. Rich Hoaglund provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
2. Copier~current copier is not working. Discussion occurred regarding looking for a replacement, copier, printer, fax and scanner. Similar to a HP7120. Shane Wimer made a motion to purchase a new copier up to $350.00. Mark Hogue provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
3. RFP's for Conference Vendors - three have been received as of this date:
a. Melanie Bailey
b. Amy Prenda
c. Shelia Thimgan.
Discussion resulted in having the Conference Committee screening the proposals and reporting back to their respective Boards for a final selection.
4. Responses from dues increase - nothing negative has been reported.
5. Change back of dues card - discussion resulted in decision to address this at the January 2014 meeting.
6. POAN Brochure - discussion about some information being no longer accurate on the brochures. Michelle will look at updating the on line version.
President Backman asked if anyone had any other old, or new business, or anything else for the good of the order. Nothing else was presented.
Mark Hogue made a motion to adjourn. Rich Hoaglund provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1700 hours.
William H. Larsen
© 2010 Police Officers' Association of Nebraska.
All Rights Reserved.