Police Officers' Association of Nebraska
A contributing member of the Law Enforcement Community since 1953.
POLICE OFFICER'S ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING
OCTOBER 5, 2010
President Peschong called the meeting to order at 1150 hours.
MINUTES: Minutes from the October 6, 2009 Annual Business Meeting were presented. Kurt Bottorff, Fremont PD made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Jeff Elliott, Fremont PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Treasurer's report was presented. Doug Provance, Kimball PD, made a motion to accept the report. Ike Brown, McCook PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
1. Update on LB426: President Peschong indicated the current status of the retirement bill.
Second Vice-President nominations:
Andy Backman, South Sioux City PD(elected)
Ed Burmood, Hastings PD
Ike Brown, McCook PD
Rick Carmichael, Ret. COP Fairbury PD, made a motion to close the nominations. Doug Provance, Kimball PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Board of Directors- nominations~Two seats.
Kurt Bottorff, Fremont PD(elected)
2. Brian Jackson, Lincoln PD.
3. Herb Evers, Bellevue PD(elected).
Doug Provance, Kimball PD, made a motion to close the nominations. Ike Brown, McCook PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Ike Brown made a motion to destroy the ballots. Rick Carmichael, Ret. COP Fairbury PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Rich Thompson, North Platte PD, made a motion to move the 1 st Vice-President up to President and the 2 nd Vice-President up to the 1 st Vice-President.
Community Relations, Inc.--current telemarketer. Contract is due to expire in February, 2011. President Peschong updated membership about the fund raising.
Modifications to POAN Website:
1. Board Meeting Dates and Agenda are posted.
2. Register for Conference on-line and view itinerary.
3. Essay Contest has its own tab.
4. Under “Pressroom/Legislative” you can provide comments back ALL Board members.
5. “Fund raising” we have added information regarding our telemarketing initiative.
LR535~Public hearing on 11-12-10, 1300 hrs at the Nebraska Legislature regarding State Crime Lab Testing.
CIR: Legislative attempts to make changes to the Commission on Industrial Relations this upcoming session.
Attendee drawings: Lonni Schultz, Beemer PD.
Lt. Russ Zeeb, Sarpy CO SO.
Bruce Felty, Holdrege PD.
Full membership drawings: Catherine Glesmann, Papillion PD.
Matthew Shannon, Alliance PD.
7. NLEM(Nebraska Law Enforcement Memorial): Russ Zeeb, Sarpy CO SO mentioned the Nebraska Law Enforcement Service will be the Monday of Police Week. That will be May 9, 2011 at 1000 hours at the Memorial. He is seeking information on the following for the service: Bugler, Singer, Honor Guard and Bag Piper?
No other business was presented.
Jeff Elliott, Fremont PD, made a motion to adjourn. Rick Carmichael, Ret. COP Fairbury PD, provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1235.
William H. Larsen