P0AN ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING
YOUNNES CONFERENCE CENTER
OCTOBER 4, 2016
President Hogue called the meeting to order at 1225 hours.
MINUTES: Minutes from the October 6, 2015 Annual Business Meeting were presented to members. Jim Peschong, LPD(Retired) made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Shane Wimer, Fremont PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer’s report was presented. Rich Hoaglund, North Platte PD made a motion to accept the report. Rick Carmichael, Fairbury PD(retired) provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
- American Income Life—President Hogue presented information to the membership regarding the Board’s decision to provide an Accidental Death and Dismemberment Policy.
- Membership Update—Shane Wimer provided information regarding the Membership Contest. First place went to Brian Jackson, Lincoln PD, Second place went to Randy Olson, Gothenburg PD, Third place was a tie between Dennis DaMoude, Holdrege PD and Dan Rupp, Frontier CO SO.
- Membership was informed about the Board’s decision to destroy any remaining Blue Hanbook covers remaining after the Conference.
- Membership Scholarships—President Hogue informed the membership of the Board’s decision to make changes to the scholarships provided each year to members, There would be six $500.00 scholarships provided to attendees and four provided to membership at large.
- COLLEGE Scholarships (500.00):
- Andrew Thomas
- David Garrett
- Gina Elliott
- Darianne Leah
2nd Vice President:
Brandon Lorenson, Fremont PD. Jim Peschong, Lincoln PD (Retired) made a motion to close nominations and Rich Hoaglund, North Platte PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote. Brandon Lorenson was elected 2nd Vice President.
Board Members: 2 three year terms and 1 one-year term (Brandon Lorenson’s)
Steve Scott, Broken Bow PD
Kurt Pafford, Fremont PD
Ryan Dummer, Aurora PD
John Smith Harvard PD
Forrest Siebken, Milford PD
Bill Brueggeman, Cass CO SO made a motion to close the nominations, Brandon Lorenson, Fremont PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote. Results were: 3 year terms: Steve Scott and Forrest Siebken. 1-year term: Ryan Dummer.
Russ Zeeb, Sarpy CO SO(Retired) made a motion to move the President to Past President, 1st Vice president up to President and the 2nd Vice President up to 1st Vice president. Byron Patterson, Kearney PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote. Mark Hogue was moved to Past President, Ike Brown was moved to President and Shane Wimer was moved to 1st Vice president.
Bruce Felty, Holdrege PD(Ret.) made a motion to destroy the ballots. Rich Hoaglund, North Platte PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
- SCHOLARSHIP DRAWINGS (500.00):
Attendees: Milan Mierau, Henderson PD, Arvid Monson, Knox CO SO, Scott Greenwalt, St. Paul PD, Russ Zeeb, Sarpy CO SO, Angela Sans, Lincoln PD, and Tim Herbert, Holdrege PD.
Membership at Large: Caleb Wilson, Buffalo CO SO, Vince Oordt, Sious City, Joe Anderson, Kearney PD and Jaden Welch, Wymore PD.
Russ Zeeb, Sarpy CO SO(Retired) mentioned a Prom and Graduation Program for High Schools which is available at no cost to communities. Last week 15 agencies participated.
Gary Smith presented information regarding members who passed away this past year, see attachment.
President Hogue asked for any other business, or anything for the good of the order. Nothing else was presented. Forrest Siebken, Milford PD made a motion to adjourn, Ken Jackson, Wahoo PD provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1320 hours.
William H. Larsen
© 2010 Police Officers' Association of Nebraska.
All Rights Reserved.