Police Officers' Association of Nebraska
A contributing member of the Law Enforcement Community since 1953.
POAN BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
PRESENT: Rich Hoaglund, Mark Hogue, Ike Brown, Brian Jackson, Jim Peschong, Shane Wimer, Ryan Dummer, Angela Morehouse, Steve Scott, Bill Larsen, Bruce Felty and Michelle Raphel.
1. Call to Order: President Hoaglund called the meeting to order at 1705 hours.
3. Secretary/Treasurer report: Treasurer's report was presented. Jim Peschong made a motion to accept the report. Ike Brown provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
6. Old Business:
2. Vacated Board Position: John Headid has left employment with Fremont PD. Discussion occurred regarding filling the vacancy. Discussion resulted with filling the vacancy during the annual elections during the Annual Business Meeting.
7. New Business:
2. Fundraising: Discussion occurred regarding fundraising options:
4. Shelly Anderson presented information regarding Wives Behind the Badge. She was allowed to make a presentation during one of the training sessions.
5. Gun Drawing for 2016 Conference: Angela Morehouse presented information about having an additional gun drawing at next year's conference. Discussion also occurred about having a contest for new member referrals during the next year.
6. Election of New Officers: Elections this year would be for two three year terms, Second Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer. Any other vacancy created by the election of the Second Vice-President.
7. Award Winners:
President Hoaglund asked for any other new business, or anything else for the good of the order. Nothing was presented.
Next meeting will be Annual Business Meeting on October 6, 2015 and then the Board meeting on October 7, 2015.
Shane Wimer made a motion to adjourn. Jim Peschong provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1815 hours.
William H. Larsen