POLICE OFFICER'S ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
NEBRASKA LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING CENTER
GRAND ISLAND, NEBRASKA
APRIL 7, 2016
PRESENT: Mark Hogue, Ike Brown, Rich Hoaglund, Ryan Dummer, Brandon Lorenson, Steve Scott, Jim Peschong and Bill Larsen.
ABSENT: Brian Jackson, Shane Wimer and Dennis Wagner.
1. Call to Order: President Hogue called the meeting to order at 1110 hours.
2. Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the January 21, 2016 meeting were presented. Rich Hoaglund made a motion to approve the minutes. Ike Brown provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
3. Secretary/Treasurer report: Treasurer's report was presented. Jim Peschong made a motion to accept the report. Ryan Dummer provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
6. Old Business:
1. Membership Recruitment: President Hogue discussed options. Discussion occurred about possibilities.
2. Fundraising Ideas: Discussion occurred regarding the following:
A. Scholarships/gun option, discuss at next meeting. No decision was made.
B. Discussion occurred regarding making changes to the scholarships picked during the annual meetings. Jim Peschong made a motion to award ten $500.00 Scholarships instead of the five $1,000.00. They would be distributed as follows: six to attendees and four from the general membership. Rich Hoaglund provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
3.Old Blue Binders: Discussion occurred about donating them to the NLETC, including a membership application and advertising them on Facebook page. Further discussion occurred about getting a price on note paper and checking with Brenda Urbanek regarding use at the NLETC.
7. New Business:
1 Conference: President Hogue reported that the Annual Conference was coming together. Most of the Speaker and topics have been finalized.
2. Legislative Bills: Jim Peshong presented information that Civil Forfeiture looks like it may die. Body camera issues deal with retention and storage of the video. Looks like all video will be saved for 90 days and any involved in a court case would be retained for the duration of the case.
3. Dues Increase: Discussion resulted in making no changes at this time.
4. American Income Life: Becky Cutler had requested some time to present an option for POAN Members, at no cost, to the Board. She was unable to attend. Has been rescheduled for the July Meeting.
5. Conference Scholarships: President Hogue presented that there have been some inquiries since the decision to discontinue. Information will be reposted and reevaluated.
6. Research request: A request was made from to allow access to membership list for research. Discussion decided not to allow access to membership list.
7. Ike Brown brought up for discussion about assisting with providing training at sites across the State. Will be forwarded to Training Committee.
President Hogue asked for any other new business, or anything else for the good of the order, nothing was presented.
Next meeting will be July 14, 2016, at NLETC.
Jim Peschong made a motion to adjourn. Brandon Lorenson provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 1210 hours.
William H. Larsen
© 2010 Police Officers' Association of Nebraska.
All Rights Reserved.