Police Officers' Association of Nebraska
A contributing member of the Law Enforcement Community since 1953.
POLICE OFFICER'S ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
HOLIDAY INN CONVENTION CENTER
KEARNEY , NEBRASKA
OCTOBER 31, 2007
MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Carmichael, Kurt Bottorff, Jim Peschong, Andy Backman, Don Dreyer, Kim Christensen, Andrea Towler. Jeff Elliott and Bill Larsen.
MEMBERS ABSENT: Bruce Felty and Ike Brown.
President Bottorff called the meeting to order at 0705 hours.
MINUTES: No new minutes.
TREASURER'S REPORT: No new information.
1. President Bottorff wanted to thank Rick Carmichael for his year as President.
2. President Bottorff indicated he was going to ask for help from other members of the Board during the next year.
3. 2008 Conference will be in Kearney at the Holiday Inn, October 12-15, 2008 .
1. President Bottorff wanted to remind everyone to get their e-mail addresses updated. He is anticipating conducting much of the business between meetings via e-mail.
2. He also reminded everyone to update their information on the website.
3. January Board Meeting will be January 24 at 1200 hours at NLETC.
4. Vendor Coordinator: Melanie Bailey. Comments were very positive regarding her accomplishments this year.
5. Emergency Management Committee: Discussion during the Conference resulted in a request for POAN, NSA and PCAN to provide a representative to work with emergency management issues on the State level. President Bottorff tasked Kim Christensen with this responsibility.
6. Membership: President Bottorff reported to the Board that increased membership is a top priority for him during his term as President and wanted members to make suggestions on ideas to work on increasing membership. Discussions occurred regarding getting Department Administrators more involved and also thoughts on benefits for members.
7. Andy Backman made a motion to leave the Death Benefits the same for the next year. Jim Peschong provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
8. Andrea Towler made a motion to pay the bills for the Conference. Don Dreyer provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
President Bottorff asked for any other business, or anything for the good of the order. Nothing was presented.
Jeff Elliott made a motion to adjourn. Andrea Towler provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 0750.
William H. Larsen