Police Officers' Association of Nebraska
A contributing member of the Law Enforcement Community since 1953.
POLICE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SANDHILLS CONVENTION CENTER
NORTH PLATTE , NEBRASKA
SEPTEMBER 27, 2006
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mike Swain, Rick Carmichael, Kurt Bottorff, Bruce Felty, Ike Brown, Jim Peschong, Andy Backman, Don Dreyer, Kim Christiansen, Andrea Towler and Bill Larsen.
MEMBERS ABSENT: None.
President Carmichael called the meeting to order at 0705 hours.
MINUTES: No new minutes.
TREASURER'S REPORT: No new information.
1. CCW: Jim Peschong reported that the law will go into affect on January 1, 2007 . Public hearings have been ongoing. NSP won't be doing the range training. Anyone who is a certified firearms instructor can do the range training. NSP will have an exam, which can be added to by instructors. There are some restrictions as to who can't qualify for CCW permit. Local Law Enforcement agencies will receive inquiries.
2. AFIS Funding: Jim Peschong reported that the AFIS Board is pursuing continued funding.
3. Narcotics Task Force Funding: Jim Peschong reported that they are trying to find a state funding source.
4. Electronic Recordings of anyone in custody, this is a number one priority of the Defense Attorneys.
5. Bruce Felty made a motion to pay bills from the conference. Mike Swain provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
6. Jim Peschong made a motion to continue the Death Benefits at the same rate as last year. Kurt Bottorff provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
1. Elections results, only change in the Board was Don Dreyer, Kearney PD.
2. Committees: see handout from President Carmichael.
3. 2007 Conference: October 28-31, 2007 in Kearney , Nebraska
President Carmichael asked for any other new business, or anything for the good of the order. Nothing was presented.
Bruce Felty made a motion to adjourn. Andrea Towler provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 0750.
William H. Larsen