Police Officers' Association of Nebraska
A contributing member of the Law Enforcement Community since 1953.
POLICE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SANDHILLS CONVENTION CENTER
NORTH PLATTE , NEBRASKA
SEPTEMBER 24, 2006
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mike Swain, Rick Carmichael, Kurt Bottorff, Bruce Felty, Ike Brown, Andy Backman, Ed Burmood, Kim Christiansen, Andrea Towler and Bill Larsen.
MEMBERS ABSENT: Jim Peschong.
President Swain called the meeting to order at 1605 hours.
MINUTES: Minutes from the July 27, 2006 meeting were presented. Andrea Towler made a motion to accept the minutes. Bruce Felty provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Treasurer's report was presented. Kurt Bottorff made a motion to accept the report. Rick Carmichael provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
1. NLEM Update: Bill Larsen reported that previous plans had run into an obstacle. The Board would be hearing presentations from Grand Island and Lincoln regarding a new site/location for the Memorial. Ed Burmood inquired about including a K-9 Memorial.
2. CCW: Jim Peschong will present information/update at Wednesday's meeting.
3. AFIS Funding: Jim Peschong will present information/update at Wednesday's meeting.
4. Narcotics Task Force Funding: Jim Peschong will present information/update at Wednesday's meeting.
5. Daycomm: President Swain reports nothing new, monies are still being deposited.
1. Banquet Tickets: Discussion occurred regarding providing banquet tickets for Award winners. Discussion resulted with a recommendation to limit the tickets to four per award recipient.
2. NeLEIN: Discussion occurred regarding NeLEIN having scheduled their conference during the same time as POAN/NSA. Bill Larsen mentioned that he had talked to representatives of NeLEIN about them approaching POAN/NSA about combining the respective conferences. Nothing further resulted from the discussion.
3. President Swain presented a letter from NSA President Lawson. Discussion about the letter led to no further decision.
4. Election Committee: President Swain reported that the election committee would be chaired by Kurt Bottorff with Rick Carmichael and Andy Backman serving on the committee.
President Swain asked for any other business, or anything else for the good of the order. Nothing was presented.
Bruce Felty made a motion to adjourn. Andrea Towler provided a second. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Meeting adjourned at 1700 hours.
William H. Larsen